"One of the best ways to ensure your home’s HVAC system is operating at peak efficiency is to have a qualified professional HVAC contractor tune up the system on a bi-annual basis." – Angie’s List
Did you know that 75% of "No heat" calls in the winter are related to lack of maintenance?
- Preventative service and care is cheaper than emergency service
- Planned maintenance will extend the life of your system.
Capital Heating and Cooling offers two preventative maintenance agreements to our clients.
In our experience, younger, robust systems of about five years old or less are best served by our Comfort Care maintenance program.
- Your system is still new and under warranty
- You are willing to take a chance of breakdown occurring
- You want to maintain your system with minimal investment
With our Comfort Care Plan our certified technicians come to your home to provide basic maintenance including the following:
- Check system functions, safety controls, and adjust the operating sequence (where appropriate).
- Inspect electrical components and connections. Tighten as required.
- Clean electronic air cleaners and replace 1" disposable air filters.
- Check evaporator and condenser coils and condensate pans, traps and check lines to prevent obstructions.
- Inspect pumps, lubricate and check flow rates (where appropriate).
- Adjust air/fuel ratio of burner and perform a combustion analysis. (Instrumentation used for combustion analysis is a means of fine-tuning a burner to achieve maximum fuel efficiency and "optimum firing.")
- Check refrigerant levels. (According to many equipment manufacturers, a 10% refrigerant loss will result in a 20% decrease in the system efficiency.
- Check and lubricate motors (as required).
- Detail and recommend repairs to extend equipment life and/or improve efficiency.
- Check the thermostatic refrigeration valves (TXV).
- Inspect blowers.
- Check and adjust gas pressure.
- Check and clean burners if needed.
- Remove soot from fire side of burner.
- Check defrost mode.
Comfort Care PLUS
Older systems are more prone to costly, unexpected repairs. Comfort Care Plus is the right choice to avoid expensive surprises if:
- Your system is out of warranty
- Peace of mind is your top priority
- The additional cost for PLUS is worth the money
Our Comfort Care PLUS Maintenance Plan Includes all of the benefits of the Comfort Care, PLUS - FREE CARE PARTS AND LABOR for common repairs including:
- Vent connector or draft regulator
- Gas Control
- Inducer fan and motor
- Fuel shutoff valves
- Circuit boards
- Tank hood defrost
- Pressure switches
- Expansion tank
- Additional benefits for Acme Fuel Auto Fill customers (see below for more details)
Our Comfort Care PLUS Maintenance Plan Includes FREE PARTS & LABOR
Our trained technicians and customer service representatives will help you select the Maintenance Program best suited to your system and budget.
Acme Fuel Auto Fill propane customers receive FREE PARTS AND LABOR on repairs are covered under Comfort Care PLUS to the following:
- Tank hood
- Tank relief valve
- First stage regulator
- Filler connection
- Tank shut off
- Second stage regulator
- Tank level gauge
- Above ground piping and fittings between house and tank
Contact us to have a customer service representative help you select the Maintenance Program best suited to your system and budget.
PLANNED MAINTENANCE SIGN-UP